The Insurance Coverage Committee is focused on building a strong network of insurance professionals and attorneys who analyze, and litigate insurance coverage issues. The Committee draws upon the experience of its membership to offer lectures, webinars, articles and other educational support that provides a discussion of current insurance coverage issues as well as best practices for claims professionals and attorneys. The Committee provides the framework for implementing educational and collaborative programs for claim executives, managers, and front-line professionals for effective management of insurance coverage disputes.
The Insurance Coverage Committee meeting agenda has been posted in the notes below in lieu of this month's conference call.
If you have any questions or would like to participate in any of the committee's activities or initiatives, please contact the committee's CLM Liaison at Khadijah.Johnson@theclm.org.
Have a great Labor Day weekend!
If you are interested in participating in the 2020 CLM Focus (December) Virtual Conference, please see the presentations below in need of 1-2 speakers, primarily industry professionals (CLM Fellows):
- Revisiting Extrinsic Evidence in Insurance Coverage Cases
- The Changing Climate of an Insurer's Duty to Defend: Recent Exceptions and Avoiding Traps for Bad Faith
- Social Accountability in the Boardroom: Good for Business or Just Creating New Professional Lines Headaches?
- Property Conditions: Let's Tango!
- Don’t Lose My Number: Cell Phone Claims - Liability & Coverage Issues
We have extended our proposal submission deadline to Monday, June 15th for the 2020 Focus & Holiday Party event in New York. If you have not already done so, please submit here: 2020 Focus & Holiday Party
You may submit a proposal on the topic of your choice, or choose from one of the suggested topics below:
- COVID-19 and business interruption insurance under property policies
- Best practices for insured industries – CGL coverage including workers compensation
- COVID-19 insurance industry response, legislative action, and class actions
- Cyber coverage issues with work-from-home orders
- COVID-19 coverage for personal injury claims under personal and commercial policies, D&O coverage, employer liability coverage
If you have any questions, you may contact the committee’s CLM Liaison at Khadijah.Johnson@theclm.org.
CLM has extended our COVID-19 Webinar Series into the month of May. These webinars last 1 hour (50 minutes content, 10 minutes Q&A) and can be led by 2-4 CLM speakers.
If you have interest in participating in the webinar series, please submit your title, brief description (150-200 words) and list of speakers to the webinar subcommittee leadership below:
Jody Stasney – JStasney@thompsoncoe.com
Michael L. Young – email@example.com
Mitch Orpett (liaison) – maorpett@TRIBLER.COM
|Insurance Coverage Committee Agenda -September 2020 9/4/2020||docx|
|Notes DESCRIPTION TYPE Insurance Coverage Committee Conference Call Agenda - July 27, 2020 7/24/2020|
|Insurance Coverage Committee Conference Call Agenda - May 4, 2020 5/1/2020||docx|
|Insurance Coverage Committee Conference Call Agenda - January 13, 2020 1/13/2020|
|Insurance Coverage Committee Agenda for Sept. 11 2019 9/10/2019||docx|
** Click on a description to download the article or resource